Help with Running Cramps

Running cramps, particularly running calf cramps, afflict everyone from the person going out for a morning jog, to elite athletes. And it's not just runners that get cramps they can be a factor in any sport - tennis, swimming, golf, cycling and triathlon. This site is dedicated to sharing ideas and information between sports people, athletes, health practitioners, anyone who enjoys training - for the best ways to prevent, avoid and treat muscle cramp.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Does Running On The Sand Give You Leg Cramps?

Does Running On The Sand Give You Leg Cramps?

Well, as a beach runner for the past 25 years, my answer is absolutely no. However i need to qualify that with a few points about training that may benefit some:
1. I don't exclusively run on sand every day
2. I always vary the surface I train on - while I prefer sand, I also run on the road and on a grass track.
3. I perform a lot of hill training
4. I vary my beach training between hard and soft sand and sand hills

One of the theories of training that has always served me well is to create variation. If you do the same old thing every day, you'll get the same results.

I'm now 41, I'm as fit as I was in my early 20's and planning on being that way for another 20 years . . . and how I'll do it is by creating variation and generating excitement in my workouts.

I'm also big time into nutrition - a firm believer of putting more back into the body than I'm able to sweat out. That way the body simply eliminates any excess - but at least I'm guaranteed to always be running with a full tank.
Copyright - Paul Newland & Running Cramp Relief
Click here for more information on Nutrition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home