Help with Running Cramps

Running cramps, particularly running calf cramps, afflict everyone from the person going out for a morning jog, to elite athletes. And it's not just runners that get cramps they can be a factor in any sport - tennis, swimming, golf, cycling and triathlon. This site is dedicated to sharing ideas and information between sports people, athletes, health practitioners, anyone who enjoys training - for the best ways to prevent, avoid and treat muscle cramp.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Soap Between the Sheets for Leg Cramps & Running Cramps

I don't know about you, but I keep reading about people espousing the benefits of soap between the sheets as a cure for leg cramps and painful night cramps in the legs.

Another is placing camphor blocks between the sheets. Another is elevating heavy blankets by placing a pillow between the feet. Does the body absorb homeopathic (tiny) amounts of the product? Does blanket elevation allow normal circulation that is often reduced when lying down?

We may never find an answer to this, but if it works for you then keep doing it or give it a try . . . and let me know how you go :)

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul, I had a very bad night with cramping from feet to groin... my friend told me about her mother putting camphor in the bed. All I had on hand was a jar of trusty Vicks Vapour rub... I massaged it in... and you guessed it... instant (and I mean INSTANT) relief. I couldn't believe it. Might be all mind over matter, but it worked for me.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I've selected an unbelievable and interesting blog. Golf Bag Advisor

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That’s really extraordinary. I’ve not experienced whatever thing like that. forest moon

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Undisputed champion of cramps said...

www.crampchamp.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home